Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Magic of Self Confidence

After an absence from my blog, on the eve of my birthday, I feel compelled to share a discovery with you. Nancy Collins, famous author of dark vampire fantasies put it better than I ever could. "My after forty face felt far more comfortable than any thing I lived with previously. Self-Confidence was a powerful beauty-potion: I looked better because I felt better. Failure and grief as well as success and love had served me well. Finally, I was  tapping into that most hard-won of youth dews: wisdom.

Many people confuse self-esteem with self-confidence. For me self-esteem is how we really feel about ourselves in the secret sanctuary of our soul. Do we love, accept and approve of ourselves unconditionally? Do we believe that we are worthy of the love others and the best of life has to offer? 

The quality of our self-esteem is very connected to the relationship with our first and most important critics: our parents. If they unconditionally loved, accepted, and approved of us, then we probably do, too. 

But self-confidence is a special magical elixir that Spirit has prepared to help each of us face and surmount the challenges of life. It is an aromatic blending of invigorating essences: attitude, experience, knowledge, wisdom, optimism and faith. 

If you were fortunate enough to grow up in a loving supportive home and your self-esteem is strong, you learn your own homeopathic  formula early. If we did not, then we need to learn how to mix our own custom blend. But what's important to realize is that self-confidence is available to all of us. 

An optimistic attitude is essential to self-confidence. So is learning from our mistakes and recognizing that everything in life can be used as a lesson once we are willing to be taught. If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you can't. 

Today, tell yourself you can do any thing you want to do. Because you can.

Brightest of Blessings!
Lory

No comments:

Post a Comment