Saturday, February 12, 2011

Loki, Norse Trickster God

Name: Loki
Also called: Father of Lies, The Trickster; Shape Changer
Invoked for: Trickery, Destruction, Big Change
Color: red
Totem Animals: Snake, Seal, Fox
Incense to Attract Loki: Dragon's blood, pepper, yew
Plants: beech, yew, Elm, ivy, Juniper, mullein, thistle
Rune: Dagaz
Day: Saturday

Loki appears to be a very ancient Norse God. Perhaps even predating the Aesir and the Vanir. He may even be the the original God of Fire going all the way back to the Stone Age. His element is Fire. He is impulsive, destructive and the immature aspect of human nature. Loki is a shape-shifter and sex changer. 

Loki has been seen as being the most "evil" of all the Gods. But this could be mainly attributed to a "Christian" concept. Christian commentators blamed Angerboda, Loki's wife, for fostering Loki's ambition to be chief of the gods, supplanting his blood-brother Odin. Eventually Loki became identified with Satan, and Agerboda as an ugly, wicked witch. 

Loki's three children will allegedly be responsible for the apocalyptic twilight of the gods. According to Norse mythology, Loki the trickster fathered three dangerous children. They were the Fenris Wolf, also known as Odin's Bane, destined to slay Odin. Jormungard, the Midgard Serpent, fated to slay Thor. And Hella, ruler of the Dead, destined to lead an uprising of rebellious spirits and ghosts. 

Loki is held responsible for the death of Baldur, Odin and Frigga's son. He is bound to a rock, where a poisonous snake continuously spits venom into his eyes.


But on the positive side of Loki's character, during his exploits with the swartalfar, when he brought back as gifts Thor's hammer, Odin's spear, and Frey's magical ship, his actions here are good. More than that here his actions seem to be selfless, as he does not keep any of the gifts for himself but gives them all to the Aesir.  As a result he has no attachments to anything. 


I do not encourage the practice of invoking Loki. Asking for his help you must always give something in return and Paybacks are "Hell" to pay. This is playing with "fire" which is always a dicey operation. But here are some examples of chants to do so at your own risk:


Chant 1: (As Master Thief)
A thief has taken what is mine.
Return it all, Loki Divine. 


Chant 2: (Other Aspects) 
Oath-Breaker, Troublemaker, 
Master of Lies, 
Blood-brother of Odin,
Cunning deceiver, evil spell-weaver,
Skillfull Shape-Changer, 
Son of Giant, Asgard defiant,
Keep me from danger.
Cunning and fire, treacherous liar,
Come to my aid,
Teach me your daring, mischievous faring,
That trouble be made.
Wondrous dark magic, Loki, teach me,
But hearken that my spirit stays free. 


Good Luck and Good Magic,
Lory
 

2 comments:

  1. Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas from SWEDEN about a spell caster named Dr. tunde. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. tunde helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. tunde for help. Dr. tunde assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. tunde did for me. Contact him today via E-mail:(babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +2348143581382 if you seek his help. Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete