Thursday, February 3, 2011

Norse Magic Sowulo Rune of the Sun

Name: Sowulo, Sigil (Anglo Saxon), Sol (Old Norse)
Letter Correspondence: S
Planet: Sun
God: Thor

The rune Sowulo is equated to the Sun. The Sun is the bringer of life and sustains us. It is the nurturing force of the North. This was especially true in the cold, Northern European lands. Here they valued the Sun and it's warmth and light simply because they saw so little of it.

Perhaps this is why the Sun is seen as being essentially feminine in German mythology. Sunna is the the Norse goddess of the Sun. The Sun banishes and gently and persistently destroys the forces of restriction and constraint -especially in it's form of "ice." 

In the Greek and modern Celtic schools and Wicca it is seen as masculine and the Moon as feminine. But the notion that the Sun is feminine is in fact very ancient, most likely stemming from an ancient matriarchal traditions. The female principal which predates the development of the futhark, was perceived as life giving. 

Sowulo (the Sun) is the rune or sign according to which initiatory journeys are oriented. It is by the light of the "Sol" that spiritual navigators steer their courses. 


Magically Sowulo is the most beneficial as a guiding beacon to higher consciousness. It can also protect the magician. It is the power by which the magician can break through the "Ring Pass Knot" to higher being. 

The ancient Vikings found it to give success in navigating rough seas. It promises success. 

In divination the S-stave offers hope and guidance. It also counsels you to set goals and stick to them. 


One negative aspect of this rune is that you may become deluded into thinking you have been successful, or that you have set your goals, when in fact you have not had contact with your higher self. There is caution to consult first with your higher Will and intent.  Or like it's shape, similar to a lightening flash, it can strike suddenly, destroying everything in it's wake, usually in order to prepare for something better. 


Brightest of Sowolo's Blessings,
Lory

4 comments:

  1. Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas from SWEDEN about a spell caster named Dr. tunde. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. tunde helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. tunde for help. Dr. tunde assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. tunde did for me. Contact him today via E-mail:(babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +2348143581382 if you seek his help. Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am out today to let the world know about this great man from Africa he is a good man and his spell work �� % according to your heart desire contacts him today and get your problem Solved because when I contacted him I thought it won't work but at last am with my husband today and with my kids all thanks to Dr Okosun you are indeed a great man God bless you' you can contact him via what's app +2348133974847 or Okosunspelltemple33@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete