Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines Day, Chocolate and Norse Witchcraft

Chocolate did not really become known in Europe until Europeans had come to America. In the seventeenth century, the first account of a drink made from cocoa beans was recorded. 

It was not until the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries that a chocolate drink became well known and widespread in Europe. Later after the drink had come to be enjoyed and part of their diet, people began experimenting with chocolate as a desert. 

Valentines Day is named after the Norse God Vali, son of Odin.  It  falls within the "Witchcraft" season of Candlemas, Norse Pagans honor this celebration as well. It has been recorded that ancient Norse Pagans honored the "loving" event. 

If marked by love, they often wore a "Lovers knot" on Valentines Day. This symbol of two intersecting circles side by side can be either woven into clothing or fashioned with ribbon or yarn and tied to the garment. 

Love and Happiness are essential in our lives. The joy of giving and receiving special treats such as chocolate are sacred, as well as being just plain fun. 

Chocolate is now one of the most common treats given during Valentines Day as well as Candlemas. It is common for friends and lovers to offer this as a drink to honor the "love" we share. 

Recipe for Valentines Day Hot Chocolate:

4 1/2 cups Milk
4 ozs. Semisweet Chocolate
5 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 shot peppermint schnapps or whiskey 
4 to 6 sticks cinnamon for garnish

(This drink can be made without alcohol, use 1 teaspoon of peppermint flavoring instead of schnapps)  

Brightest of Blessings,
Lory

4 comments:

  1. I know about the rich history of chocolate starting with Aztecs and Mayans then come Mexicans and in Europe. Although I haven't heard about chocolate story about Norse Gods. Thanks for sharing it sure is informative reading your blog. Thanks again.

    Regards,
    Haley McAdams
    Food Manager Certification

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas from SWEDEN about a spell caster named Dr. tunde. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. tunde helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. tunde for help. Dr. tunde assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. tunde did for me. Contact him today via E-mail:(babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +2348143581382 if you seek his help. Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. REAL URGENT EFFECTIVE SPELL CASTER TO HELP BRING BACK EX LOVER AND SAVE MARRIAGE   :  http://drjumbaspellhome.wordpress.com I recently saw a testimony about a spell caster in a blog I visit for relationship counseling problems because I had been having serious issues with my husband and we had been dating for six months, he just suddenly changed, he was returning my calls, he started cheating,he was hurting me in so many ways i never thought possible and I just thought I should try it maybe out of desperation ..and I contacted them. At first everything felt dreamy and unbelievable, their consultations and solution was a little bit easy and strange and I was scared a little cos I heard read and heard lots of stories of spell casters and I never really believed in spell ..I played along with a little hope and faith and I was sent some few stuffs after everything and it worked like a miracle, everything went to a whole new direction, I guess it was all good faith that made me read That particular post that fateful day. I hope they could help other people too like they did a little and I got everything I wanted and wished for my husband, my family and my life back their address is; wiccalovespelltools@gmail.com  Call him or add him on WhatsApp via: +19085174108

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete